Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Accountability or Accomplishments?

On another blog I've been reading lately, the owner has an accountability list for the things she wants to get done everyday. I'm thinking I should probably put something like this together for myself, but I'm not so sure I'd actually *do* the things on it. Wouldn't it be more depressing if I was flunking my own accountability test?

I think an alternative might be listing the things I actually accomplish during the day. Maybe if I recognize that I'm actually getting some stuff done, I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed by the stuff I didn't get to do. I know that I'm probably putting some unrealistic expectations on myself, but there's certainly a lot of stuff that I most definitely should be doing - and I'm not. My boys are spending waaaaay too much time flying solo - and that's just unacceptable. I really need to get working on that daily routine and stick to it. Where the heck is that SuperNanny? My boys aren't the ones who need the behavior adjustment. I wonder if she can teach them how to get me to do the right thing.

Ok - so goal for tomorrow? Get my ever-growing rear end out of bed and actually make breakfast for the boys. Telling them to just grab a banana is no longer working and I may need to diffuse a mutiny. Can't say that I blame them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >