Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Saturday, March 12, 2005

TV is not a babysitter...

...it's a trusted au pair at our house.

I swore I wouldn't have children that sat in front of the idiot box for hours on end without blinking. Another goal out the freaking window. I've finally come to the realization that I truly *hate* SpongeBob Squarepants - I actually find myself scowling at the SpongeBob crap that lines store shelves. Now, this has nothing to do with reports of SpongeBob's sexuality or choice in life-mate (what a load of crap!) It has everything to do with the fact that it is the most grating and annoying show I can think of. Well, except for Ed, Edd and Eddy. Hate them, too. Parental controls took care of that one. May have to use another for SpongeBob.

At least right now, I can kid myself by saying I'm trying to accomplish several things while the boys zone off watching Monsters, Inc. The first - I may actually be able to take a shower without some little fingers coming under the door and hearing, "Mom? What are you doing, Mom?" The second? I'm desensitizing my 2 1/2 year old. Yup. Monsters have apparently taken over his bedroom at night and I'm too tired to chase them away. I'm hoping Mike and Sully will make the monsters seem ok. Heck, maybe they can convince him to sleep in for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >