Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Monday, March 14, 2005

Trying to Find the Point

After dinner last night, I spent a good chunk of time churning out enough food to cover breakfast for the next few days. I set my alarm and actually got out of bed when it went off. Well ... ok. Shortly *after* it went off, but still! I told my husband I was jumping in the shower and he said he'd give the boys one of the muffins I made. So, I showered, got dressed and finished folding a basket of laundry that I didn't get to last night. All of this was done in about 30 mins *and* before 10:00 AM. Yay, me! I was on my way to the kitchen to complete my final morning task - taking my little pill - when reality jumped from around the corner and sucker punched me.

Banana peels and mashed banana all over the dining room floor. The entire tray of muffins looked like a dog had attacked them - crumbs and torn pieces all over the kitchen. Despite the mess - no one was around. (Hey - at least I know they're smart.) It was obviously created by my little guy - aka The Food Stealer. My husband? He, of course, gave the boys 1 muffin each, sat them in front of the TV in the family room and sealed himself up in his office. I suppose he felt as though he had really pitched in with the muffin-handing-over thing.

So, I sent him an IM, as that is the only way he seems to understand English these days. The message went something like, "I suppose I'm just never supposed to shower again," and told him about the mess that was created in those *30 mins.* His response? He stomped his way up through the dining room and into the kitchen, looked around, shook his head. He then went into the family room and told the Little Monster (as that is how he is known these days) that he was upset with him and not to do it again. He then returned to his office and I suspect he won't be heard from until he's hungry.

Now, I'm not so naive as to expect that 12 muffins would have lasted all week and I certainly didn't expect I wouldn't have to clean up a mess today. But - this is just the latest example of how even my "good days" get de-railed and end up off in a ditch somewhere. I recognize that I am never going to be a morning person, so I do things to try and make up for that. I can't help feeling like my efforts are pointless some days. Today would be one of those days. It's not that I'm feeling sorry for myself - I'm actually angry. Angry that my 2 3/4 year old is acting his age, angry that my 6 year old is oblivious to anything going on around him when the TV is on and angry that my husband can't even pay attention to things while I'm in the damned shower.

Most of all, I'm angry I didn't get a muffin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >