Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Saturday, March 26, 2005

When Mama Ain't Happy...

...Ain't no one happy, damn it!

I'm thinking of having this done in some super fancy needlepoint, framing it and hanging it on the wall here. Of course, that might be too subtle.

I'm also shopping around for some fake mystery illness with sudden onset that I can use in times of "I don't feel like doing anything." I'm certain my husband suffers from this very affliction. Why else would intense migraines occur at the very second I mention yardwork? Very, very suspicious. Now, I know it's not really fair to spring such things on my dear husband, but ... well, it's almost freaking April and we still have PILES of leaves all over the damned place from the fall. Sure, I'm probably being unfair - he really *meant* to get to them sooner, but all those pesky illnesses kept overtaking his body each and every time the word "leaves" or "rake" were uttered. It's the strangest thing, really. I just didn't know that most severe allergy symptoms occur at the mere mention of such things.

Now, I could have probably assisted in this endeavor, what with all my *free* time as a stay at home mom. I suppose I could have squeezed it in between mopping/scrubbing coffee spills from the floors and carpet. There's a mysterious trail o'coffee that pops up from the floor below the coffee maker, through the kitchen and dining area, down the stairs, through our family room and into hubbie's office. Now, I'm not pointing fingers, but I think we know who the culprit is. It's the same person who left a cup of coffee on the edge of the coffee table, while he tried to sleep off that damned migraine. The same person who's cup of coffee was spilled all over our light colored carpet while he slept inches away from his children who were running around the table in question.

I completely understand that we have different priorities when it comes to "how clean is clean," but really. How do you *not* notice that your coffee cup is practically overflowing after you pour it, but half empty when you sit your ass down in your office? How do you not notice that the floors are clean when you wake up in the morning, but splashes of coffee spring up wherever you roam? How can you possibly expect me to "let it go" when it happens every. freaking. day?

*sigh*

Oh - stop using my towel and pick up your freaking socks, too. Ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >