Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Thursday, May 19, 2005

When Toddlers Attack...

...it's a great reason to stay in bed.

Both of my children know that I am *not* a morning person (which is the understatement of the year!) I need to wake up slowly and calmly and at least start my first cup of coffee before I have to really deal with anything. If that doesn't happen, I'm in a crappy mood the rest of the day.

We have this potty training thing covered except for one detail. My little guy is convinced that he cannot get himself up on the potty by himself. No step-stools, encouragement or pleading seems to get through to him. I suppose he'll outgrow this before college, but ... I wish he'd just sit on the damn potty already!

This morning, while I was still asleep, he apparently needed to go, but didn't dare wake mommy. Daddy had already departed for his long commute to the basement office, so he was left to his own devices. When I woke, I saw my little guy in his nightshirt - no pull-up, no underwear, standing in the hallway between my room and the bathroom. I said, "Good morning," and proceeded to walk into the bathroom. The second my foot touched the tile, I slipped in a puddle of some slimy-watery substance and had to grab the counter to keep myself from knocking myself silly. I immediately looked at my little angel who informed me that it was "bubble water" from the little bucket we use to rinse shampoo from little heads. Apparently, this was missed in the cleanup mission from the other night. Luckily, he took it upon himself to empty it for us - all over the floor.

So, I look around to survey the damage and find a poop-filled pull-up between the toilet and the wall, along with trail-o-poop markings spread throughout the room. That's also when I noticed that he had poop spackled on different body parts as well. From what I gather, the little guy couldn't wait for help getting on the potty and opted to just fill the pull-up, take it off and clean up the mess himself. (Hey, why waste a good bucket of "bubble water"?) He was very proud of himself - he managed to wash most of the poop away - to the corners of the room, behind doors, etc. Basically, he spared me from stepping in the stuff, but spread the mess throughout the bathroom.

That, dear husband, explains today's *crappy* mood. And you dare to say, "Good Morning!" to me and leave dishes in the sink? Today is not the day, my friend. My morning has been compromised. Lay low and keep the coffee flowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >