Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Thursday, April 28, 2005

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Time for home-based boot camp.

My 6 year old is developing quite a little attitude problem these days. There are few things that make me crazier than having this little snot glaring at me while he mouths off. The part that really gets me is that he really has no good reason for doing it. I'm pretty big on choosing my battles, but I do enforce our rules with consistent discipline and consequences. Just once, I'd like, "Because I'm your mother and I said so!" to be enough. I guess I should be thrilled that it still works with his little brother!

We've warned him - several times - that life as he knows it will drastically change if he continues to be so disrespectful to me. Tomorrow is the day. This poor kid isn't going to know what hit him. If it requires a battery or electricity, it's going to be off limits. In fact, if I can figure out a way to keep him out of the playroom completely, I'll do it. No TV, no GameBoy, no computer, no play dates. If I still don't see improvement, our weekly group park days are next on the chopping block. The big guns? T-Ball.

Fortunately, he won't be bored. I have plenty of things that need to be done around the house and lots of magazines that have piled up while I've been doing everything else. I think maybe it's time I caught up on some reading while I delegate some of my chores to the little smart ass. If only he was old enough to do the grocery shopping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >