Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Late Night Rambling

1 - Why am I awake right now?

2 - I'm waiting to see what happens when large chunks of ice break off and make their way through the entire central air system.

3 - I'm pretending to be away at an expensive spa - in the freaking sauna.

4 - I'm wondering if anyone has ever gotten away with murder because the heat made them legally insane.

5 - I'm wondering why my husband can do these amazing things with computers, play the guitar and operate complicated machinery and yet, somehow, doesn't understand that it's not a good idea to leave a bag of ice on the kitchen counter when the air conditioner is malfunctioning.

6 - I'm also wondering how in the hell I survived my entire childhood without so much as a box fan. Now? A few hours without AC? I'm a raving lunatic. (As opposed to the regular, everyday, run of the mill lunatic)

7 - Uh, it's over 90 freaking degrees. And I'm dealing with an ICE problem. WTF!?!

8 - How the hell is it possible that I'm paying the cable company $100 per month and there's NOTHING to watch?

9 - How many times can I justify eating something frozen because it's hot in here?

10 - Heh. Turns out, the answer to number 9 is "Lots." I'm hitting the ice cream.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Last year our a/c went out here in Houston. We stayed in the house with multiple fans blowing. I think I took 7 (cold) showers that night! My heart goes out to you.

6/27/2005 8:02 PM  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

It's bad, it's really bad, but don't worry, you're not completely over the edge until you move from ice cream and quiescently frozen treats to eating frozen french fries and other things meant to be eaten warm while they're still frozen. (And I would be happy to be an expert witness should #4 come to pass...

6/28/2005 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >