Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Yardwork Disease

This post will simply serve to jog my memory when I try to tally up all of hubbie's mystery illnesses brought on by the mere suggestion of doing yardwork. A month ago - it was his severe allergies and lack of face masks that delayed the lawn mowing. Two weeks ago - still don't have the masks and just too busy. Today? Backache. In his defense, he managed to do the front yard and about 1/16th of the backyard before quitting. But - he had been promising to do it since we returned on Monday evening and just didn't do it. Last night, after I brought it up (which will *always* be known as nagging, despite how much he avoids doing it or how infrequently/frequently I mention it), he promised to do it on his lunch break. I reminded him this morning - don't forget the grass. At noon, I asked if he was going to get to it and he said, "Yes," and walked away. 2 1/2 hours later, he grudgingly went out to get it done, only to stop halfway through because of his "backache."

He has exactly *2* chores that are his - trash and the lawn. In the winter, there's shovelling snow, but I don't mind helping out with that. Yes, he works more than full time to provide for his family so I have the *luxury* of staying home, blah, blah, blah. Give me a break! It's not like we have a big yard or steep hills - it's basically level. If he did all of his chores at once, it would take him all of about an hour to finish everything. He argues that it takes longer because he has to stop and empty the mower's bag every now and then - I argue that if he just did it every week, there would be less accumulation and less emptying.

The fact of the matter is - it probably wouldn't bug me so much if we didn't live in a development with neighbors who are *constantly* telling us what to do with our yard. I can smile and nod pretty well for the ridiculous stuff - like telling us we should cut down our trees! But really - when they start offering to lend us yard equipment or give us the numbers of lawn care services, I really want to just smack dear old hubbie and say, "Will you just cut the freaking grass so I don't have to listen to these people?!?!?"

Heh - yep. Still in that *crappy* mood. Can't wait to tell him it's trash night, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >