Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The McDonalds Boutique

Yes, I'd like a #1 with Coke and a side of pants.

McDonalds is apparently looking to revamp their uniforms into something more hip. P. Diddy, Russell Simmons and Tommy Hilfiger are among the designers listed to assist them in their efforts.

Really.

The article is here.

My favorite snippets:

"Fashion is one of the “languages” that McDonald’s is tapping into to improve its relevance with young adults. When the burger behemoth launched its “I’m lovin’ it” platform nearly two years ago, fashionable crew uniforms in the Netherlands became the rage and customers begged to buy their own versions."

...and...

"The ultimate test is whether employees would wear the outfits outside of work as a fashion statement."


Why would someone *want* to wear their fast food uniform as a fashion statement?

I worked at Wendy's during my college years. I don't think it's possible to get the french fry stink out completely. Well, except that I could mask it by donning a sweatshirt and hitting a Happy Hour on my way home. Voila! The french fry stink has been overwhelmed by the cigarette smoke, spilled beer stink!

Heh. Wonder if the sizes will be Small, Medium, Large and Super-Sized. "Bling-Bling" nametags, perhaps?

Now, I know the vast majority of their employees are likely young people, but I also recall a fair number of older employees as well. Who's going to design their uniforms? I just can't picture the 65 year old retiree sporting a Phat Farm ensemble.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You are so funny - I hadn't heard about this but like Nicole, I already have a smile on my face too just picturing it!

7/05/2005 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >