Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Monday, August 29, 2005

Mr. and Mrs. Spiderman

Marriage is rough at any age.

P's best friend in the world is a 6 1/2 year old girl we'll call "R." Usually, when they play together, they end up being Mr. and Mrs. Spiderman. Oh, the Spiderbabies they've had, let me tell you! Seems they've morphed the more action-oriented play of superheroes with the more... ok ... GIRLIE way of playing house. (Yes, yes. I know all about gender stereotyping, but come on. Playing house is girlie.)

Anyway - this is a conversation I had with P while we were waiting for R to come over and play.

P: "I hope R wants to play something besides Spiderman."

Me: "Well, you might want to take that Spiderman costume off, then."

P: "It doesn't matter,"

Me: "I think it might. Didn't you take it to her house yesterday, too? She probably thinks you *like* playing Spiderman all the time."

P: I do, but sometimes, I want to make up something new.

Me: Well, tell her! Maybe you can invent something together.

P: (big sigh) I try to, mom. Then she looks at me with those googly eyes and I just have to say, ' Ok. I'll play Spiderman.'

Me: (after laughing) If you're having trouble resisting a girl's googly eyes *now*, you don't have a chance, buddy.

P: I know. That's how it is when you're married.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >