Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Monday, August 22, 2005

A Quick Update

Yes, I've been neglecting this blog for quite some time. Quite honestly, there's been nothing outside the mundane day-to-day happenings to really write out - which is a good thing, I think. We've all - kids and parents alike - been in a holding pattern, just sort of doing our own things while orbiting around each other. Sure, there's a little bit of guilt because I've removed myself from the thick of things with the boys - but there were other things to be done and my boys have learned that Mom is not the sole keeper of the plan and have entertained themselves quite nicely for much of the time.

I've been tackling more of the nagging "To Do List Projects" that I've had since we moved in here last year. My focus has been on my bedroom and the massive decluttering of the entire house. In the past 2 weeks alone, I've made an upholstered headboard for our bed (my husband did all the wood cutting and assembling stuff), purchased new bedding and painted the room. We're going to put in some crown molding and if I could just find some art or pictures that I want to hang on the wall, I think I could be satisfied with my own little sanctuary. This will be the first time I've truly had a room all of my own design - EVER. I still have to paint our living and dining rooms, but at least I'll have my place to relax (should I ever stumble across a moment to relax!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >