Super Mom Is Dead

She's a myth. Move on. Be happy.

Name:

Who are these people and why are they asking for clean socks?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Best Part of Waking Up

There's nothing quite like waking up to the sound of your child emptying his stomach contents onto your bed. Really sets the tone for the day, you know?

It might not have been so bad if my internal clock wasn't so royally screwed up. I'm just about at the point where I feel like I'd be better off pulling an all-nighter and trying to trick myself into going to bed at a decent hour the following night. I've always been a night owl, but thought that would change when my life was no longer dictated by happy hours, last call and all night diners. (Ahhhh... nothing like a big, greasy omelet and deep fried breaded *crap* after a night of binge drinking.)

Still, I find myself awake at 3 and 4 AM, wondering what the hell I'm still doing awake. I suppose I could attempt to get some things done while I'm burning the midnight oil - but that's not an easy thing to do when everyone else is asleep. I wouldn't want to miss out on the *quality* entertainment that airs after 3 AM. I wish the Girls Gone Wild people would give it a rest already. Not everyone awake in the early morning hours is a middle-aged pervert who gets off on watching drunk chicks do stupid things. How about a Boys Gone Grownup video for the moms up late feeding a baby or folding the laundry? Shirtless men changing diapers, folding laundry, vacuuming and doing dishes without whining or complaining? That's something I'd watch well into the wee-hours of the morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole @ OrWhateverYouDo said...

Where are you?? I keep checking, keep looking. Hope everything is ok and you are just taking a blogging break!!

6/26/2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >